Shady Rest Restaurant - Bayville, NJ
The subject improvements consist of a freestanding 2,712 square foot restaurant operating as The Shady Rest. It is a family owned and operated restaurant that is celebrating its 50th year in business this year. Built in 1930, it was originally a one room school house that was then converted into the family's home. In 1966, the restaurant was added onto the front of the house. A liquor license was purchased in 1985. As the business grew, the house was then converted into a kitchen, office, staff restroom and a bedroom for late nights. There is seating inside for 62 people and an additional 40 seats outside. The owners take pride in their outside rose garden seating. Within the last five years the rose garden has been extended, as well as the stone parking lot, and the oyster bar, patio awnings, outside patio bar, and decking was added. The flat rubber roof was just redone this last year. There is an above ground oil tank in the basement that has not been used in years, as the subject was converted over to gas several years back. The subject is located across the street from a post office and is situated in between two office buildings.